Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanks for Dinner...Again

Hi there!! I have another card to share using the "What's Cookin'?" set by Taylored Expressions. This is just the cutest set! I love this apron because it looks so feminine. You actually get two options with the apron - one stamp with the cherries and one without.

I used an older Taylored Expressions Sketch for my card - TESC 123. These adorable papers are from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker collection. I stitched around the outer edges of the paper. I would have done more stitching, but I ran out of bobbin, and well...let's just say changing it requires pulling out the instruction manual. I stamped the apron in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream cardstock. I colored it in with Copic markers and cut it out with the Apron & Pocket Die that coordinates with this stamp set. I must admit that I stared at that little die forever trying to figure out how in the world to use it until I realized the instructions were on the package. Then, it was easy-peasy. LOL! These dies really are a great tool for cutting out your images.

I embossed the cream panel behind my apron with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the middle tag in Tag Trio Nestabilities. I added a red brad to it and adhered it to the card. The scallops were cut out with the Jumbo Scallop Dienamics from My Favorite Things. I finished it all off with a pretty, pink bow! I did add some of the red ric-rac, but you can't really tell except in that one corner, so that probably wasn't the best idea. Oops.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a great day!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Buttercream

Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Modern Homemaker
Stamps: Taylored Expressions What's Cookin'?
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Taylored Expressions), red brad (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, sewing machine, Tag Trio Nestabilities, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Apron & Pocket Dies (Taylored Expressions), Jumbo Scallop Die-namics (My Favorite Things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)