Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Thank You Cards

Hey y'all! I received so many wonderful things this Christmas from my family members and friends, so I wanted to make some thank you cards to send to them. Originally, my plan was to go clean and simple. I even bought regular 44-cent postage stamps because I was determined to not froo-froo these up and add big, poofy bows to make them cost more to mail! Then, I started making the cards, and that's when I realized that I cannot do clean and simple. I just can't. I look at it and feel like it's missing something (or five things...ha!). So, here are my not-so-clean-and simple cards!

I used my Taylored Expressions December Key Ingredients for the patterned paper and cardstock for these cards. If you've never tried Key Ingredients before, you can actually purchase this month's as a trial...no commitment! How awesome is that? I know you'll be hooked, though, because I sure am! Taylor issued a challenge to make Christmas thank you cards with this kit, so I took on the challenge. For my card layout, I was inspired by Jenyfur's cards in this post on the SRM Stickers blog. I did these assembly-line-style. I started by stamping all of my images, cutting them out with circle Nestabilities, and coloring them with Copic markers. I thought these adorable snowpeople were perfect for my cards, since technically, it is still winter, even though it was about 70 degrees here in South Mississippi today! This stamp is from the Seasons Greetings stamp set by There She Goes. Next, I cut out all of my paper pieces - cardstock bases, patterned paper, scalloped circles, etc.

I embossed the Kraft panel with the Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder and then stitched the Kraft paper to a white panel. I added a strip of paper matted on red cardstock to each card. Now, hold on a minute...I have to tell y'all this. I about flipped out of my chair when I saw that the December Key Ingredients included the Echo Park Wintertime paper collection. I just *love* Echo Park, and I loved working with these papers because they weren't too Christmasy!

Next, I added a ribbon (the brown ribbons were from my stash; the others were from the Key Ingredients), to each card and attached the image panel. For my sentiments, I used these awesome stickers from SRM Stickers: Sticker Sentiments - Thank You and We've Got Your Sticker - Thanks. I especially loved the last set because they come in brown, black, and white...all on the same sheet! I was easily able to coordinate them to match my papers. Last, but not least, I used some white liquid applique on the hat pom, hat trim, and to add a snow effect along the bottom. Before I heat-set my liquid applique, I sprinkled a little Martha Stewart fine glitter on it for a touch of sparkle. I love the way these cards turned out!






Oh, by the way, I'm linking this up to Cupcake Craft Challenges where the current challenge is to make a thank you card.

Thank you soooo much for stopping by my blog today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Wintertime by Echo Park
Stamps: Seasons Greetings by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: SRM Stickers - Thank you and Thanks, Liquid Applique, Martha Stewart glitter, assorted ribbon, red pearls by Kaisercraft
Tools: Cuttlebug, Snowflake Embossing Folder, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Cute cards, that's next on my plate - to make my thank you cards, I have that kit so guess what you've inspired me to do?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thank you cards!! Love that cute image!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! WOW! Well done. These are beautiful. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Candace ! Your cards are all gorgeous ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous, Candace! I love all the fluffy snow and the pretty embossed snowflake backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)