Tuesday, January 25, 2011

For the Love Birds

Hey y'all! It's been awhile since I've blogged, but I am happy to say that I am finally finished with my class I've been taking...thank God for that! Now, I can focus on finishing the house and getting everything ready for the wedding. It is sneaking up on me so fast! I'm really excited, but I also feel just a bit overwhelmed with everything to do before the big day. Oh yeah, and I can also focus on making more cards and doing more crafty things now! :) Speaking of that, I can play in more challenges, too! This week's There She Goes Challenge was a sketch one, and I thought it looked like a fun sketch, so I am playing along.

This card is for a friend of mine who just celebrated her one-year anniversary! Happy Anniversary, Cyndi and Eric! :) I used this cute set by There She Goes called Love Birds. I love it because it's perfect for Valentine's, wedding, and anniversary cards! I also used my March 2010 Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. I thought the earthy colors in this patterned paper by Crate Paper reminded me of birds and nature.

I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers. Then, I cut it out with Nestabilities and layered it on the scallop circle. I embossed the Kraft background with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. My kids at school say I must love polka dots because I have so many polka dot things in my room! I'll admit it...I do love polka dots!

I punched the brown trim with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch and finished this card off with some rhinestones, two layered bows, and a leaf pin. I just love using these stick pins on my card!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Kraft
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Brook
Stamps: Love Birds by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: rhinestones (Kaisercraft), leaf pink (Maya Road), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. How funny I had looked at your blog the other day and saw the cute card but didn't read your post..
    I love the card and pretty rose papered gifts..
    Your day is coming soon.. Cant wait to shop for the new Bride..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)