Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lovin' on Pink and Black

Helloooo! Is it Friday yet? Oh, that's tomorrow...thank goodness! I've been waiting for it to get here all week! LOL! :) It's a three-day weekend for me, so I'm really looking forward to that. However, mixed in with that will be all sorts of homework assignments. I will be finished with my class as of January 22, and then I am DONE for good. I have been going to school since I was umm....FIVE, so that's 20 years! I think it's time to stop. Don't you? Please say yes.

I do have another thank you card to share with you today. I'm always needing those, so I like having them on hand. This was a fun one to make! It features this cutie of a ribbon flower that I made myself! You can make them, too, by following this tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers. I think I'll be making these more often! I even made one out of some black and white houndstooth ribbon. Super cute! Maybe you'll see that one on a card someday.

I have been on a pink and black color kick, in case you haven't noticed. I've had that Echo Park Be Mine collection sitting out on my desk, and I just can't seem to put it away! I *adore* this color combo! This card was so simple to make. I stamped the sentiment from the Polka Dot Greetings stamp set by My Favorite Things onto some yummy Raspberry Fizz cardstock by Papertrey Ink. I punched the border with a Martha Stewart punch. I added a strip of patterned paper, a ribbon, and that fun ribbon flower! I even added a pearl to my flower. That finished off my card!
Thank you sooo much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, True Black (Papertrey Ink), white (Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury)
Patterned paper: Echo Park Be Mine collection
Stamps: Polka Dot Greetings set by My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: pearl (Recollections); black stitched ribbon (Papertrey Ink) , black sheer (Offray)
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch

2 comments:

  1. Love that ribbon flower too! I am going to go check out that tutorial! All your cards are pretty AH-Mazing!!! Oh and I love that shower curtain too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)