Saturday, January 8, 2011

Valentine Card and Notepad Set

Hey y'all! Can you believe Valentine's Day is just around the corner? It seems like just yesterday I was cranking out Christmas cards! I have become seriously addicted to the Echo Park Be Mine collection...so much that I've made four cards and a notebook with it this week! It is SO girly. I just LOVE it!

I made this Valentine's card with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 106. I used my latest There She Goes purchase, Buckets of Love. These buckets are so cute because you can fill 'em with all kinds of stuff! I colored my image with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud. I embossed the white panel with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. The pink strip was punched with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. I finished it off with some pink Twinkles and a ribbon. Oh, and you can't really see in the photo, but I went over the hearts with a clear Spica glitter pen for a touch of bling!

I decided to make a matching notepad to go with this card. I purchased the Cinch awhile back at Hobby Lobby (with a 40 percent off coupon...SCORE!), but I've never used it. I think I was a bit intimidated by it. I sat down with it today in front of the computer and watched Taylor Van Bruggen's video tutorial, and it was super easy! Thanks, Taylor!!

For my papers, I used lined notepads from Papertrey Ink. They were longer than I wanted my notepad to be, so I trimmed them down. Then, I took off the chipboard backs and used those for my covers. They were already cut to the perfect width of my paper, so all I had to do was dress it up.

I embossed the black background with the same Polka Dots folder I used on my card, and also used the same paper. However, I did not want to use the heart stamps again, since I wanted the recipient to feel like she could use this notepad all the time. I chose to use the Dance stamp set, also by There She Goes. I love this quote...so inspirational and perfect for a little notepad! I added some Twinkles and a ribbon to finish off my notepad.


I am entering this in the There She Goes challenge this week. The challenge is a color challenge - black, red, grey, and pink. My card counts, but not the notepad, since there's not any red in it.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: white (Gina K. Pure Luxury) True Black and Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Be Mine collection
Stamps: Buckets of Love by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Bud, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), clear Spica glitter pen
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder


Notepad Supplies:
Cardstock: white (Gina K. Pure Luxury) True Black and Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Be Mine collection
Stamps: Dance by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Cinch binding machine

10 comments:

  1. Very cute. They both came out great. I love the layout on the card. I will have to check out the challenge. Nice Job.
    http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!! I just LOVE the bright pink accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet! I heart that collection as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning CAS card, just love that little bucket full of hearts. Your colour combo is wow! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and project! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the little notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very cute notepad...love the gray with the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card AND the notebook!!! And I am in serious love with that Echo park Collection too!!!

    http://www.teenabugg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this!!! Would you mind coming on over and linking it up?

    www.swainstonvinylanddezign.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)