Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meljen's Birthday Cards

Hey yall! I've missed my blog this week. We were without Internet access for most of the week. It's amazing how lost you feel without it!

There's a new challenge and a new digi release over at Meljen's Designs! This new release, which is filled with birthday images, couldn't have came a better time for me. February is loaded with three birthdays for my younger cousins, so I knew I better get to work on some cards for them. I used two of the new digis on my cards today. I still have one more to do!

This first card uses one of my favorites - Topsy Turvy Birthday Cake. Isn't that just the CUTEST cake? Who wouldn't love to have that cake? A cake like that would almost look too good to eat...yeah, right. LOL! Since these cards are for girls, I wanted to make them bright and fun.

I honestly have no clue what line of patterned paper this is, but I do know that all of the elements - paper, cardstock, ribbon and flowers - are all from one of my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients. I embossed the blue panel with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and I added Stickles to the swirls and the candle flames. You can't really tell it in the photo, but I love the touch of bling the Stickles added!

This next card features Birthday Cake Mouse. Most people might not want a mouse in their cake, but how could you pass up one this cute? :) I decided to make this a yummy chocolate cake with some sparkly pink icing! I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out with Nestabilities. These papers, which I stitched around, are from the KI Memories Paisley Parade. I'm just loving paisley these days. The new curtains for my living room are even paisley! I used some more Stickles on the image and finished it off with some Twinkles and a double ribbon.


Thank you sooo much for stopping by today! Hop on over to the Meljen's blog to see the new digis and read more about the challenge to make a birthday card!

"Birthday Cake Mouse" Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism

Patterned Paper: KI Memories Paisley Parade
Stamps: Birthday Cake Mouse by Meljen's Designs, sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Stickles, ribbon, Twinkles
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I love the mouse/cake stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the colors and papers you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)