Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meljen's Designs Blog Hop!

Hi y'all!! I have some super exciting news today! I have been asked to be on the Meljen's Designs design team!! If you haven't heard of Meljen's Designs before, it is a digi stamp company owned by Melissa Jenkins. Melissa's images are soooo adorable! I know you will love them! I feel very honored to have been chosen to be on the team. There is just so much talent there! You may remember that I served as a guest designer for them back in the summer. I haven't been on a design team in awhile due to my busy schedule, but I miss creating on a regular basis, and I'm so happy about this opportunity to create with Meljen's Designs!

You will be seeing weekly inspiration with these cute digis here on my blog. You can also find inspiration on the Meljen's Designs blog where every Thursday there is a new challenge as well as a brand new digi release! 

There are two other new lovely ladies joining me on the team - Darsie and Robbie. To welcome the new team members, the Meljen's Design team is celebrating with a fun-filled blog hop!


You should've came here from Audrey's blog, but if you just happened upon this blog post, go back to Anita's blog to start at the beginning of the hop, so you won't  miss out on any cute cards and fun prizes! Yes, that's right...I said prizes! Each design team member will be giving away the digi she used to create her card! Also, there is a GRAND PRIZE! One lucky hopper will win four images of your choice.

To be eligible for the individual digis, you simply need to comment on the post of the digi you like. To be eligible for the grand prize, you need to leave some love for each design team member along the way. The blog hop will be ending February 8th at 8 p.m. Eastern time, so you have until then to get in your entries! I will draw a winner for the digi used on my card and will contact the winner by email, so please make sure you leave a way for me to get in touch with you! All of the winners will be announced February 9th at 10 a.m. Eastern time. Make sense? I hope so!

Before I show you my card, I want to show you the super-cute release! All of these digis are available in the Meljen's Designs store today, and you'll see them throughout the hop today. I think these images are perfect for Valentine's Day, as well as year-round for friendship or thinking of you cards! The challenge today is to do a fun fold, and you can check out all of that information on the Meljen's Designs blog.

I used Hearty Hippo on my card. Isn't this such a sweet little hippo?! I colored her (I'm pretending it's a girl, okay?) with Copic markers and cut it out with my Classic Circle Nestabilities and layered it on the scallop circle. I used my fun Taylored Expressions January Key Ingredients to make this card. The patterned papers are from the Cupcake Love collection by Little Yellow Bicycle. I just LOVE anything that has to do with cupcakes! I embossed the background with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The trim was cut out with the Scallop Eyelet Border Die by TE, and I finished my card off with a bow and button. Also, I used Sketch 99 at Card Patterns for my layout.


Would you like to win the digi I used on my card? All you have to do is leave a comment! Remember, if you'd like to be eligible for FOUR digis of your choice, then you need to leave a comment on each design team member's blog as well as the main blog.

Thank you sooo much for stopping by! I look forward to sharing more Meljen's Designs creations with you! Your next stop on the hop is Cheryl's blog. Have fun hopping around!

Blog Hop List:
Candace (you are here!)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: Cupcake Love by Little Yellow Bicycle
Stamps: Hearty Hippo by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon, button, embroidery thread
Tools: Scallop Eyelet Border Die (Taylored Expressions), Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder

62 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Great digi!Love the background. Are those lollipops?

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute, love the colors!! I am a follower now, TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I love the new images too!

    Densie

    http://www.craftconfectionery.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hippo it is the cutest. Love the card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute! Meljen's design team rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Such a nice use of colors too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab bright card, so colourful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheerful, cute card! Love your fun papers! So excited to be working with you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card is wonderful! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new DT spot! You'll make a fabulous addition! Love all your fab pp's and the coloring on my favorite little guy is definately amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun, bright card!! Such lovely work...CONGRATS on joining the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, I love the embossed background, and that ribbon and bow is perfect! You have coloured the image soo well!!

    Lou Mac. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Candace, your card is adorable. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the bright, cheery papers you used. Welcome to our team ... I look forward to working with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is my first blog hop and I am so exating!!
    Sweet digi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did a great job! it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The papers you used are so wonderful, love it
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bright and cheery card. Love all the different colors. Great image. Great embossing adds the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW your card is SOOOO bright!!! it is super cute too! TFS! And congrats on the DT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is sooooo cute!!!
    Love the colors so bright
    Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us!!
    Hugs
    Lorianna

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Candace! Congrats on making the team!!! I'm excited about working along side you!:) Super cute card, love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the card! The paper is really cute and the image I think is a fav! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully coloured, lovely image xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card, love the cute hippo and the bright backing paper. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the DT! Your card is wonderful! I love your coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Candace :) Congrats on the DT :) i am so very happy to be working with you. Your card is beautiful.. love the bright colors! Big Hugs! XX

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Woo hooo
    Your colouring is AMAZING! Its such a beautiful, vibrant card :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being a part of the DT! How exciting!!
    I love your cute and fun card!! That paper is so playful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute!! Love the cute papers and fun colors! Cutest hippo ever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Scrummy!! I love the colours you have gone for and your bp's are sooh nice!
    I have just got this image and can't wait to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable card! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi!! pretty card I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I simply adore those pright prints with that darling little elephant - great coloring!

    I just discovered your blog and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your color combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the brightness of this card the colors are great...


    ~Tina~

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the colors! And congrats on joining the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely card! Those colors are so great!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  37. Welcome to the team! You will love it - can't wait to see more of your creations - this one is so fantastic! I love it tons!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card...beautiful colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the vibrant colors of your card, Candace! I'm so excited to be on the DT with you! Congratulations!!

    {{HUGS}} Di

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cute! I love the papers you used! They are so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow...fabulous card...love the colors and dp you used...and wonderful job on the coloring of such a cute little image. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats! Great designs. Love the images!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on the DT position! Uber cute card - love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a bright cheery card! She looks so "cheeky"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  45. So cute! I love the bright and fun colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Newbie Buddy, I simply adore your card. The colors are incredible. Gonna be fun to rub 'cyber' shoulders with you on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The hippo looks so cute! Such a beautiful card!

    Buy WoW Account

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful colour combo! Awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love love love your hippo digi designed card. All of your things are so wonderful. I am new at this form of cardmaking, but hope to get better. Thanks for your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is my first hop. Hope I doing it right. Thanks for letting me look!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Candace!! I HAVE heard of Meljen's and LOVE her stuff! CONGRATS on making the team!! Awesome =) Your card is so ADORABLE!! LOVE what you did with our Key Ingredients too! =) I love that stuff and need to use mine more, heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the papers you used on this one :) CUTE! Welcome to the DT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a lovely bright cheery card - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I too LOVE those papers. Makes me want to find the ones I have with popsicles and ice cream cones. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  55. Congrats on making the DT! The colors you chose are so bright and cheerful and the hippo looks simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congrats on joining the DT. That little hippo is just sooo cute she has to be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Super cute! Love the bright colors! Congrats on your DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Ohh you made such a cute card, and I just love the image. I am blog hopping away.

    ReplyDelete
  59. A lovely, bright cheery card, and so cute!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love the bright colours that you have chosen for your card, roll on summer (hopefully we'll get a balmy spring too) Hugs heidix

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful card and such a cute image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)