Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Meljen's Release & Challenge

Hi there! It's Thursday, so that means there's a new release and challenge over at the Meljen's Designs blog! Melissa amazes us each week with her adorable, hand-drawn creations, and this week's images are no different...just so cute! Check out these Noah's Ark images!

This week's challenge is to make an ATC. I will just go ahead and admit that ATCs and I have never been very good friends, so I was just a bit scared of this challenge. However, when I saw these images, an idea came to mind, and making ATCs really wasn't so bad after all. :) My friend Rachel and her husband have tried for many years to have a baby, and after many trials, she is due next month with a healthy baby boy. This sweet baby boy truly is an answer to many prayers. They have jungle animals in the nursery, so I knew that these images would be so perfect for a handmade gift for the nursery, and I set out to make a frame of ATCs.


I used each digi in the set, and I colored them with Copic markers. I cut them out with Classic Circle Nestabilities and layered them on Kraft scalloped circles. The green ATC backgrounds were embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder and stitched to a Kraft cardstock base. Brown brads were added to each corner. I cut out the words with my Cricut and some brown vinyl, which I added very simply to the blue cardstock base by using some transfer tape. I hardly ever use my Cricut, but it's projects like this that make me glad I have it! I put the finished page in an 8.5x11-inch frame that I got from Walmart. They didn't have any white frames, so this is a wooden one that I painted white.

Be sure to hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the rest of the design team's creations today and to check out the challenge details. Have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (blue), Kraft (Bazzill)
Stamps: Noah's Ark digis by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: brown brads
Tools: Cricut, sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. Candace - I love how you used all the ATC's to make a picture - what a fabulous idea!!! I love it too!!! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think this is one of the nicest baby presents I have seen in a long time - and particularly appropriate in the circumstances. Lovely,lovely work - I'm tucking it away for future reference !

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace I really LOVE how you put all the images and card together! It's just wonderful!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)