Thursday, February 24, 2011

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop

*If you're looking for my Meljen's Designs post, please scroll down just a bit. Thanks! :)

Hey y'all! It's time for the this month's Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop. I always love participating in these blog hops, since they force me to use some of my older TE stamps. This month's challenge was to "go green," either by using green in your card or using a recycled element. I decided to incorporate green into my card. My brother needed a birthday card for one of his friends, and since they are high school students, I thought she might like this cute VW bug.

I used the Feelin' Groovy stamp set as well as the Feelin' Groovy Project Pantry kit. I used green for my card base as well as the patterned paper. I originally started out trying to follow the sketch that Sankari Wegman provided for today's blog hop, but then I realized my sentiment wouldn't necessarily fit at the top, so I put it at the bottom. Let's just say this is a very loose interpretation of the sketch! I colored the image with Copic markers and added some Twinkles. Then, I added some ribbons and bows. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, rounded the corners, and popped everything up with foam tape. Oh, and I even added some Diamond Glaze to the windows and lights for a little realistic shine!

I hope she likes it! I wanted to sew on it, but I'm out of white thread. My town doesn't have a sewing store, so I went to Walmart to get some, and of course, they were out. Not only that, but my bobbin is almost out, and I have to get in a certain mindset to thread that thing. LOL! I really would love to learn to sew one day. My grandmother and aunts sew such beautiful things, and me...the only thing I sew is paper! For me it's just a matter of finding the time to sit down and practice. I should start with something simple...maybe this summer after the wedding is over and life settles down a bit. Surely if I can sew paper together then I can sew fabric, right? Hmmm...maybe! :)

Thanks sooo much for stopping by my blog today! Have fun hoppin' around! Your next stop is Laura's blog.






Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Neenah (white)
Patterned Paper:
Stamps: Feelin' Groovy by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Pear Tart, Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, ribbon, Diamond Glaze, clear Spica glitter pen
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities

13 comments:

  1. So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Loving the double ribbon!! Great job! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! Candace! This ROCKS girl!! FAB papers and coloring! Totally groovy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Candace! Adorable card dear girl!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute, Candace! I would love to drive around in this hot pink bug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one word for this, well ok, maybe three. fun fun FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so bright and FUN! I'm the same way about my sewing machine! I actually break into a cold sweat thinking about having to thread a bobbin! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Ms. Candy. I hope you're doing well. Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN card Candace! Love that car image and the retro paper! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!!! The papers you used go perfectly with that adorable pink bug....such a fun birthday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable, I know it will be a hit with your brother's friend!! Miss you at CPC, glad you are doing well and all my best you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! The paper goes perfect with the car, and your bows are just adorable. Great card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)