Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun with By Lori Designs

Hey y'all! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a wedding shower on Saturday, and that was so much fun! We had some yummy food, and there were lots of funny stories told. It was a great time with some wonderful women. I'll be sure and post some pictures later this week. I even have another shower on Friday night!

I was able to get some crafty time in on Sunday after church, and I made these two cards for a customer. A friend at work and her husband are going to Maui (awesome, right?), and her in-laws and her mother will be keeping her son and dog while they are away. She asked me about doing some thank you cards for them with family images. I knew right away where to go for those images. I had her pick out the images she wanted in the By Lori Designs shop, and then I followed Mercy Kerin's video tutorial for merging these digis together in Photoshop. It was surprisingly easy! I think I'll definitely be merging more images together in the future.

This first card features the grandparents, the sweet little boy, and the dog. These papers are one of the newest releases by My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Gertie. I colored the images with Copic markers, and I used Liquid Pearls around the outer edge. This is a technique I saw last week on the There She Goes blog. Mine didn't come out very good because the thickness of the dots is not very even, but I still like this technique. The border was punched with the EK Success Deco Scallop border punch, and I added some brads and a Papertrey Ink bow. The tag was stamped with a sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink and cut out with Tag Trio Nestabilities.


This next card features the grandmother - a sassy one, isn't she? I colored the images with Copic markers and added some Tiny Twinkles to the grandma for her necklace. I cut out the image panel with Oval Nestabilities and layered it on a Scallop Nestie brown panel. The pink background is Bazzill Dotted Swiss Ballet. A side note about that - I bought a bunch of it thinking I was going to make my own wedding invitations and thank you notes. Ha. That thought didn't last very long when I realized how many I would have to do. I bought some pre-made ones, but now I have oodles of this paper. The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Life is Good collection. I just *love* Echo Park! I rounded all of the corners with the We R Memory Keepers corner chomper and added a Papertrey Ink ribbon and three brads.


Well, that's it for me today. A special thank you to Mercy Kerin for putting together that video tutorial that helped me out so much with these cards. Have a great day! :)

"Grandparents" Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Gertie
Stamps: By Lori Designs - Sugar Stick Grandparents, Sugar Stick Dog, Puddle Jumper Gavin
Ink: Copic markers, Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), brads (The Paper Studio), Liquid Pearls 
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities, EK Success Deco Scallop border punch

"Grandmother" Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Mud Pie, Bazille Dotted Swiss Ballet, Georgia Pacific white
Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Life is Good
Stamps: By Lori Designs - Sugar Stick Tammy, Sugar Stick Dog, Puddle Jumper Gavin
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), brads (The Paper Studio), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)