Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting Krafty

Hi there! I just love using Kraft paper and since this week's There She Goes challenge was to use Kraft paper, I decided to take advantage of that and make another Kraft card this week. This card is also for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - to use stamped flowers on your card. One more...this is also for the Krafty Thursday challenge at Jeanie Witmer's blog.

Now that I've told you about all of those challenges, I will tell you that this card is a bit different for me. I wanted to try some of that shabby ribbon that is so trendy right now, but the shabby look is just hard for me to achieve. I got this ribbon from Patsy at Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy. She just has the best customer service and lots of colors to choose from. I got the neutral set because I wasn't sure how much I would like it or if I would actually even use it...lol! Do you have things you buy and never use? Now that I have used it, I love it! It really is beautiful ribbon. I might have to channel my shabby side more often!

The stamp set I used is Garden of Friends by There She Goes. This is one of my favorites because like every good Southern girl should, I just *love* hydrangeas. I can't wait until next month when I am in my own home and I can plant some! I actually colored this image at first, and then I decided I didn't like how it looked with the papers I chose, so I decided to stamp it again and leave it plain. That's not something I do very often (umm...like never!), but with this particular card, I really like the look of no coloring!

I added lots of stitching, some pearls, and a button with twine to finish this card up.

That's about it for me today. I hope y'all have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye So Sophie Clever
Stamps: Garden of Friends by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: pearls (Michael's stores), button, twine (Papertrey Ink), ribbon (Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy)
Tools: EK Success Deco Scallop border punch, Classic Square Nestabilities, sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Hi Candace! So good to have you play along with us! LOVE your card and yes, you definitely should bring out the shabby side more often.. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card Candace! BTW - did you get the email I sent you? if not, check your spam folder as comcast and gmail mix like oil and water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there chickadee!! So glad to "see you" again! =) Love your "KRAFT"y card Candace. Reminds me I need to go order some more of that kraft c.s.! Looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go girl!! How suh-weet is this image stamped right on the Kraft with NO COLORING!! WOW!! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! Keep 'em coming girl!! LOL! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)