Saturday, March 12, 2011

Little Love Duck

Hey y'all! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. I sure did enjoy my week off, but as I sit here and type this, I'm waiting on someone to come get my keys out of my locked car. Yup. I've never done it before, and I don't have a spare key. I'm just always really careful. However, this morning I had a flat tire, and while trying to air up my tire, my keys got locked in the car...along with my purse, phone, and even my wedding dress! I'm so thankful I was able to find someone to come out today and help.

So...while I wait for someone to get here and unlock my car, I thought I'd make good use of my time and post a card. This card is made with Little Love Duck by Meljen's Designs. I decided to make it into a baby card because I always need baby cards on hand...as well as birthday and sympathy cards, but I never seem to have those either.

I followed this month's Sketch for You to Try. Goofy me cut the panels wrong though. The middle strip was supposed to be longer than the other two, but I made it shorter. Oh well!

I colored my image with Copic markers and cut it out with Nestabilities. I stitched around all of my edges ad added some Tiny Twinkles and a ribbon to finish my card off. Oh, and notice my new Meljen's Designs watermark? Melissa was so sweet to design those for the DT members. Thank you, Melissa! I just love it!!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Ducks in a Row by October Afternoon
Stamps: Little Love Duck by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink) Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I love the image and the dp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing, I hope your day ended better for you. This is such a precious card. I so need to get some cards made, but the scrapping mojo has hit so I am just running with it for now. Have a blessed one......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the stitching and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely sweet and i like the soft colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely fresh sunny card, Candace - love it! Love the paper piercing - finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. It would make a lovely baby card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)