Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} New Challenge & Digis

Hi there! It's Thursday, so that means there's a new challenge as well as a new digi release at Meljen's Designs. Melissa's images get cuter every time..I promise they do! This time she has some fabulous girly images...head on over and check them out!

This week's challenge is to "get creative with your punches." I don't really have any traditional punches, but I do have lots of border punches and Nestabilities, so I went that route. For my "creative" part, I added some Twinkles to the circles. I've seen other crafters do this before, and I think it added just the right about of bling to this girly card!

This layout is from this week's Sweet Stop Sketch #100. I used the Makeup Brush digi and colored it with Copic markers. I added some Sticles to the swirls and some more Twinkles. The border punch was punched with the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die by Taylored Expressions. I added some Papertrey Ink ribbon to finish it off.

I just love these new girly digis...so cute. Speaking of makeup, what is your favorite? I *love* Bare Minerals. I use their foundation, eyeshadows, blush, lip glosses...pretty much everything! I absolutely love the lip glosses. I have three in my purse right now and a dozen more in my makeup stash. The only thing I don't use by them is eyeliner and mascara. For me, the drug store stuff works pretty well. Here lately I've gotten lazy and haven't been wearing makeup a lot, but when I do, I'm definitely a Bare Minerals girl!

On a personal note, we got our furniture in for the house! The inside is almost completely finished. The only thing it needs is for the curtain rods to be hung. When the finishing touches are done, I will be sharing pictures of the completed house. I even have my own craft room now! We are so excited, and are counting down the days until the wedding...less than a month! I have my first bridal shower this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to that. It should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! Your pink and blacks are just perfect for it!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card Candace!! Congrats on getting the house done & your very own craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! I'm sure you are excited about having your own craft room. I was excited when I got mine and knew it was like my own private world. Can't wait to see pictures and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)