Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perfect Pair

Hey y'all! I have another card to share with you today. I've been on a roll with making cards since we've been out of school all week for Mardi Gras vacation...just a little bonus for living so close to New Orleans!

The challenge over at the There She Goes blog this week is to make a card using Kraft paper. That's easy for me because I'm always using Kraft. Whenever I am making a card and I don't have cardstock that goes with it, I reach for Kraft. Oh, and I'm also entering this into the Krafty Thursday challenge over at Jeanie Witmer's blog!

Call me corny, but I love cards with witty sentiments, so I especially love the Loads of Fun set by There She Goes! My friend Karen and her husband are celebrating their one-year anniversary soon, so I wanted to make them a card. I knew this washer-dryer image would be perfect! I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out with Nestabilities. Notice these fun, new papers? I just have to have everything that Echo Park releases, and these are from the new For the Record line.

I chose to emboss the background with the Polka Dots embossing folder so that it wouldn't be so "plain." The black border was punched with the EK Success Deco Scallop punch. To finish it off, I added three black brads, a black ribbon, and some Diamond Glaze to the door of the washing machine for a little shine.

I used this week's Sweet Stop Sketch #98 for the layout of the card, and it's definitely a great sketch to use. I'm sure I'll be coming back to this one!

I just love the way this card turned out, and I hope Karen and her husband love it, too! Thanks sooo much for stopping by today! I'm going to go enjoy my last few days of vacation.

Supplies:
Cardstock: black, kraft (Papertrey Ink), white (Neenah) 
Patterned Paper: Echo Park For the Record
Stamps: Loads of Fun by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: black brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Diamond Glaze 
Tools: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, EK Success Deco Scallop border punch

7 comments:

  1. Cute card Candace! I love that circles embossing folder =)

    Thanks for the info on the binding ribbon!! =) Hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Thanks so much ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you're CORNY, then I'm right there with ya!! I LOVE FUNNY! And this card is da BOMB!! Love the embossed background and the black just pops on Kraft! SUPER CUTE Candace and I know Karen and her hubby will LOVE it too! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Candice! That's such a fun stamp set and I love your embossing! :D Thanks for playing along with us this week at TSG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, great card! I love the punny sentiment. Great design, papers, & textures too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)