Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain or Shine {and some news}

Hey y'all! As I prepare to move out in the next month or so, I've been cleaning out and organizing my stamping stash. As I was doing so today, I found some bits and pieces of a card that I had started ages ago and never finished. I had stamped and paper-pieced this little umbrella girl and had the image panel all ready to go. It just needed to be adhered to a card base. I decided that she was too cute to trash, so I went ahead and fixed a card up for her.

Has anyone else ever done that? I think it was because as I was making the card before, it just wasn't coming together the way I wanted, but I'm happy with it now!

This little cutie is from the March 2010 Unity Kit of the Month. Her dress was paper pieced with patterns from the October Afternoon Report Card and Thrift Shop lines.

I punched the border with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch. The sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions "A Year of Sweet Sentiments" set. I stitched around the edges and added a bow at the top. I even added a little lace and a pearl to finish the umbrella off.

Now, for the news part!  I applied for the Cardabilities design team and was accepted!! In honor of my new design team spot, I used Cardabilities Sketch #25 for this card.

On a personal note, I'd just like to say that I'm so excited that there are only 40 more days until my wedding!! Not like I'm counting or anything...lol!! :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Choice Buttercream, Bazill Kraft
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon - Report Card and Thrift Shop
Stamps: umbrella girl (Unity Stamp Company), sentiment (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Canteloupe
Embellishments: pearl, lace, ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this card. Congrats on your big news!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)