Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wishing You Luck!

Hi there! Meljen's Designs has a great new release today and a fun new challenge. This week's challenge is to use green in your card. You can find out about the challenge details and see the new digis over at the Meljen's Designs blog.

My card today uses the new Leprechaun Gold digi. I colored it with Copic markers and added lots of sparkle with Stickles and Twinkles. The background is embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder, and the white panel is embossed with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. I stitched around the edges of the card. Note to self: get some green thread! I really wanted to use green, but I didn't have any. The green border was punched with the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die by Taylored Expressions. I stamped the sentiment, which is from A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions and finished it off with some more Twinkles and a green bow. 

I normally don't share the inside of my cards, but I wanted to show you how I used this cute Meljen's Designs freebie. The sentiment was perfect for my card. I added some more Twinkles to the inside as well. Don't you think those gold Twinkles look like gold coins? :)


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the new digis and check out the challenge details. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Leprechaun Gold and Irish Blessing by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, Yellow Stickles, ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, sewing machine, Classic Square Nestabilities

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)