Friday, May 27, 2011

Graduation Gift Card Holders

Hey y'all! Last night my baby brother, Aaron, graduated from high school! It's hard to believe he's all grown up. Oh, and today was my last day of school. I'm looking forward to a craft-filled summer! :)

I knew of several graduates this year, so I used Grad Cap by Meljen's Designs to whip up a couple of gift card holders...except I used them for money. Every graduate likes cash, right?

Oh, and I just can't tell y'all enough how much I LOVE making gift card holders. They are so easy and fun to make. I think I'm gonna make some to put in my Etsy shop this summer! Speaking of that, I just added a few new cards, so check it out!

For Aaron's card, I used this template by Kristina Werner. I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. I embossed the maroon background with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. The striped paper is by Black Market Paper Society. I added the "2011" - a sticker by SRM Stickers and finished it off with some Twinkles...not many because I didn't think Aaron would want any frilly ribbons or anything. I'm sure this card is in the trash by now anyways...lol! :)


This next gift card holder was for my cousin who graduated from my alma mater, The University of Southern Mississippi. I knew I could get away with frillies on hers! I used a different tutorial. I actually think this gift card tutorial by Laurie Schmidlin was even easier than the first one! I used some Making Memories patterned papers and added a coordinating ribbon and some Twinkles to this card. I used my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch on the inside.



There are sooo many possibilities with these gift card holders, but as you can see, I kept them pretty simple. I did customize them with the school colors, though. Check out those tutorials and give 'em a try!

Congrats to the Class of 2011! Live your dreams!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card One Supplies:
Cardstock: black, maroon (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: Black Market Paper Society
Stamps: Grad Cap digi by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, SRM Stickers, foam tape
Tools: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Circle Nestabilities

Card Two Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Stamps: Grad Cap digi by Meljen's Designs, sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Copic markers, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, ribbon, Yellow Stickles, foam tape
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Candace. Last day of school, thats awesome. I still have three more weeks til summer break. I cant wait for all the crafting time.
    http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects Candace!! Love the colours and a gift card holder is always useful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)