Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Hey y'all! Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there! I know that I am especially thankful for the mother, grandmothers, and aunts that God put in my life. Each one is a blessing.

I am getting back into the card-making groove, so I whipped up a couple of cards for the occasion.

This first card uses the Daisy Pitcher image by Meljen's Designs. I colored it with Copic markers and went around my image panel with White Opal Liquid Pearls. This is a technique that I'm trying to learn, but it's hard getting my dots to come out evenly. It takes a patient hand! I did some embossing with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder and finished it off with some miniature roses. The papers are from The Girl's Paperie Kitch collection, which were in a recent Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit. This is an older Sweet Stop Sketch.


For this next card I went to one of my favorite sets - Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions. I reach for this set all the time because of it's versatility. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out a portion of it with Classic Oval Nestabilities. While the image was still in the die, I sponged Memento Rose Bud onto it. I layered on the pink panel, which was cut out with Scallop Oval Nestabilities and used the Liquid Pearls technique again. The background paper is from the "Be Mine" collection by Echo Park - one of my favorites! I cut out the scallops with the MFT Jumbo Scallop Dienamics. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink, and I added a Papertrey Ink ribbon, button, and some Tiny Twinkles to finish it up. I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #137 for the layout.


I'm usually pretty hard on myself, but I just *love* how this card turned out. This one was for my grandmother, and I tend to spend a little extra time on her cards.  These colorful patterned papers from the Crate Paper "Restoration" collection are so fun! I followed an older Sweet Sunday Sketch for the layout. All of the elements are from an older Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit. I especially love the doily transparency! I stitched around all of the edges until I ran out of thead...lol! I stamped the verse from Our Daily Bread Designs with Memento Rich Cocoa and then used Memento Pear Tart to stamp a butterfly from Sweet n Sassy Stamps in the background. I love that little extra something that the butterfly added to the card.


That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Mother's Day cards, and I hope you have a wonderful day with your families! :)

"Daisy Pitcher" Card Supplies:
Cardstock: colored (Bazzill), white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: The Girl's Paperie - Kitch
Stamps: Daisy Pitcher by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls, miniature roses
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Victoria embossing folder

"Mother" Card Supplies:
Cardstock: black, pink (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific) 
Patterned Paper: Be Mine by Echo Park
Stamps: Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions, sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Bud
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, white thread, Tiny Twinkles, White Opal Liquid Pearls
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities, Jumbo Scallop Die (My Favorite Things)

"A Woman Who Fears the Lord" Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Restoration
Stamps: Scripture Collection 4 by Our Daily Bread Designs, New Creature by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Pear Tart
Embellishments: ribbon, decorative brads, doily transparency (Maya Road)
Tools: Classic Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. I love these cards! I just posted on my blog featuring that same pitcher stamp from Whimsy Stamps :) http://willrunforstamps.blogspot.com/2011/05/whimsy-stamps.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)