Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} American Angel

Hellooo!! It's time for another new release at Meljen's Designs! Melissa has some adorable patriotic digis for us this week, so be sure to check them out! This week's challenge is a sketch challenge, and Dianna drew up an awesome sketch. I'm so grateful to people who can do sketches. I'm awful at creating them, but I sure do like to follow them! :)

I chose to use "American Angel" on my card. Isn't she a cutie?! This image seemed so "homespun" to me, so I knew it would go perfect with the Old Glory paper collection by We R Memory Keepers. I colored the image with Copic markers and embellished it with my clear Spica glitter pen, some red Stickles, a little Smooch on the wings, and some Tiny Twinkles. The sentiment is from It's a Banner Day 2 by Taylored Expressions, and I cut out the sentiment banner with the coordinating die. I stitched around all of my edges and finished the card off with some ric-rac and a bow.

Check out the Meljen's Designs blog to see the design team inspiration, the new digis, and the challenge details.

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: Old Glory by We R Memory Keepers 
Stamps: American Angel by Meljen's Designs, It's a Banner Day 2 by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Copic markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Stickles, Smooch, Tiny Twinkles, clear Spica glitter pen, ribbon
Tools: It's A Banner Day coordinating die (Taylored Expressions), Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable digi, made for such a cute card.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, your card is so wonderful! your background paper is just perfect!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)