Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meljen's Designs Challenge #57

Hey y’all!! Have you been wondering where I’ve been? It has been a month since I last posted to my blog, and I think this is the longest I have ever neglected both my blog and paper-crafting! I have missed both, and I’m so glad to be back blogging and crafting! I’ve been so busy with the wedding and moving into our home. Andrew and I had a wonderful wedding on April 18 in Gatlinburg, TN, and we’re now getting settled in at home. As things are starting to get back to normal, I’m finding time for card-making again, and I’m excited to share my card for today’s Meljen’s Designs challenge with you!!


This week’s challenge is to make a business-sized card, and as always, there is a fabulous new set of digi stamps this week, so be sure to check those out!

Since I’m a teacher, I went right for this little owl cutie – Study Owl. I plan on giving this card to a friend of mine at school who is a Science teacher, so I used my Copic multi-liner to write “Science” on the textbook. She is also the basketball coach, and I love how this background paper mimics the pattern of a basketball! I didn’t even realize that until after I made the card. It just worked out perfect!

I colored my image with Copic markers and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities, which I layered on a circle cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I stamped “You’re an A+ in my books from “Make the Grade” by Taylored Expressions in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it out with Tag Trio Nestabilities. I added a red ribbon and three white brads to finish it off.

Be sure to hop over to the Meljen’s Designs blog to check out the challenge details, see more inspiration from the design team, and see the new digis!

Oh, and don’t worry, I’ll be posting wedding photos soon!

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: solids (American Crafts), stripe (October Afternoon)
Stamps: Study Owl by Meljen's Designs, sentiment from Make the Grade by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Copic markers, Copic multi-linerMemento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon(Offray)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Great card and CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! Can't wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)