Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Hey y'all! I love participating in the montly Taylored Expressions Blast From the Past blog hops, but I haven't been able to the past few months due to wedding planning and all of that. So, I am super excited to be participating again this month! :)

This month's theme is to make a masculine card, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Some of you may think this is a Father's Day card, but it's not. My sweet Daddy spent so much of his time over the past few months here at the house helping us remodel everything. We're so thankful to him for all of his time, so I made a little thank you card for him. We slipped a restaurant gift card inside so he can take my Mama out to dinner.

I thought the toolbelt image was the perfect image to use from the Boys Will be Boys stamp set! I stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment with the same ink and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. Both the image and sentiment panels are popped up with foam tape. I paired this image with the Little Boy paper collection from Echo Park. I just love those bright, primary colors! I embossed the Kraft background with the Diamond Plate embossing folder and added a few shiny silver brads to finish it off. This layout is the May Sketch for You to Try.

Be sure to hop around and see all of the other awesome cards! Your next stop is Wanda's blog.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: Little Boy by Echo Park
Stamps: Boys Will be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Embellishments: silver brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Diamond Plate embossing folder

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love those bright colorful Echo Park papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Candace! LOVE your coloring on this image! FAB layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, your dad will love it! Great job on the coloring, that tool belt looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I think you have the cutest stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Candace! Love the color combo you used with the Kraft card base and you did a fabulous job with the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO would never have put those two patterns together, but WOW! Amazing colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Candy and congrats on your wedding! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)