Friday, June 17, 2011

Celebrate with Style!

Hellooo! Happy Friday!!

I have a divalicious card for y'all today! I made this fun card using the Divalicious paper collection by Glitz Design...a paper pack I reach for when I want to make a super fun, girly card. I used the Trendy Girl stamp set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps and paper-pieced the purse with some of the patterned paper. I accented the purse trim with some Tiny Twinkles.

I embossed the background with the Seeing Spots embossing folder and cut out the white border with the Jumbo Scallop Die by My Favorite Things. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from Birthday Basics by Papertrey Ink and placed a few Twinkles next to it. I stiched all around the edges with some black thread for a major pop. Someone once asked me what kind of thread I used for my stitching. Generally, I use just an all-purpose thread. However, the day I got the black thread, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, and I accidentally bought upholstery thread. It's much thicker than regular thread, but I absolutely love the effect it gives to a card!

I finished this card off with some fashionable houndstooth ribbon! This card is fit for a diva!

I hope you enjoyed my card! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Divalicious by Glitz Design
Stamps: Trendy Girl by Sweet n Sassy Stamps, Birthday Basics by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: black thread, Tiny Twinkles, houndstooth ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Seeing Spots embossing folder, Jumbo Scallop die by My Favorite Things, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. i love your colors and the purse is just so cute..great details

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)