Saturday, June 18, 2011

Flyin' by to say...

Happy Father's Day!

My Daddy loves little remote control airplanes. He and his brothers go and fly their airplanes together on the weekends. They call themselves the Wrong Brothers...get it? LOL!


I purchased the Fly Away stamp set by Papertrey Ink awhile back just to make Daddy an airplane card.



I used the June Sketch for You to Try for the card layout. For the patterned papers, I used the Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man collection, and I chose those papers based on the colors. However, as I was flipping through trying to decide which ones I wanted to use, I came across the blue paper with the airplanes on it! I was so excited! I knew I had to incorporate that into my card. One of Daddy's airplanes is red, so I colored the image red, and then I used my Copic Multiliner to write the same letters that are on his plane on my colored image. I cut my image out with Rectangle Nestabilities and used the Stampin' Up ticket punch on the edges.

I embossed the Kraft background with the Polka Dots embossing folder and stitched around all of my edges. Side note - I'm having a really hard time not sewing and embossing my cards these days. I just don't like the "plain" look! I love it when other people do it, but I struggle with it! Anyway...back to my card...I added some silver brads and a mixture of lots of orange and brown twine. I topped it all off with a red button!  

I can't wait to give this card to my Daddy!

Happy Fathers Day! I love you!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man
Stamps: Fly Away by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: orange twine, brown twine, button, silver brads (The Paper Studio), foam tape
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Polka Dots embossing folder, Stampin' Up ticket punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)