Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


Hi there! Happy Father's Day! I know that I posted the Father's Day card for my Daddy yesterday, but after that, I whipped this one up for my grandfather.

I used a very liberal interpretation of this week's Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS113. It was supposed to be a circle card, so I decided to make a regular sized card.

I fell in love with these papers I used - the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite collection. Oh my goodnes...the colors are just so bright and happy! They just make you SMILE! :) I embossed the background paper with the Polka Dots embossing folder and stamped the sentiment, "Kick Back and Relax" from Boys Will Be Boys by Taylored Expressions directly on the patterned paper.

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. Then I colored another one and cut right around the boots so that I could pop it up with foam tape for a little dimension. I punched the brown trim with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch and finished it off with lots of twine and a button.

That's it for me today! I've got to run and get ready for church. Have a wonderful day with your dad! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, Kraft, white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Embellishments: twine, button, foam tape
Tools: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)