Sunday, June 26, 2011

{In the Kitchen} Christy Jordan's Cinnamon Rolls

Have y'all heard of Christy Jordan over at Southern Plate? I just love her. She is all about some good, down-home, Southern cooking. Which each recipe she posts, she tells a story that goes along with it, and I just love the way she can tell a story. It makes you feel like she's right there in the kitchen with you. I bought her cookbook, and I use it all the time. Christy cooks the kind of food I was raised on...no fancy stuff here! Now that I'm married and am making a feeble attempt at learning to cook, she's right there helping me along. I've always been good at baking, but cooking takes work for me. Christy says that anyone can cook as long as they have the right recipe. Well, let me tell y'all, her cookbook is full of the right recipes! :)

I recently made her Homemade CinnaBuns. These are so easy because they're made with frozen bread dough. These were soooo yummy, oooey, gooey, and delicious. What made them especially good was the frosting - cream cheesy, buttery, powdered sugary, cinnamony yumminess! Christy put cinnamon in her icing, so I did, too! I'd never had a cinnmon roll with cinnamon in the icing before, but it was a perfect touch!

Now before y'all go on and try these, I must confess. Mine did not come out right at all on the first batch. In fact, they came out like this. I think if you Googled "Epic Fail of Baking Cinnamon Rolls," you would find this photo. BURNED!! That black stuff is the burnt junk on the bottom of the pan. The pan is supposed to be silver. The recipe said to bake them at 400 for 15 minutes or until done. Well, that's what I did. I think they're done alright.


So, I had my heart set on these CinnaBuns, so I tried again. This time I baked them at 350 for 15 minutes, and they came out like this...much better!


Even better with some of that yummy icing on top!!


Head on over to Southern Plate where you can find the recipe for Christy Jordan's Homemade CinnaBuns and many more wonderful Southern recipes!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)