Thursday, June 2, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Challenge #61 - Coastal Fun

Hey y'all! It's time for a new release and challenge at Meljen's Designs! Melissa released a set of adorable beach-themed images today. I had such a hard time deciding which image to use, but I finally went with Beach Kitten...isn't she such a sassy cat? :)

I used the May Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients for all of my card supplies today. The patterned papers are from the American Crafts Happy Go Lucky collection. I embossed the green background with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder, and I stitched around all of the edges. Miss Kitten was colored with Copic markers, and I added some Glossy Accents to her sunglasses and her fun little umbrella drink. I finished this card off with a bow and some twine. I think this may be the first time I've used baker's twine on a card! Someone sent me a mixture of colors as a little RAK awhile back, and I just love it!

I followed Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout. I realized when I got done that the sketch had some of the corners rou nded. Oops! I guess you could say I took a bit of liberty with the sketch! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and be sure to hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the inspiration from the design team, grab the challenge details, and check out those hot new digis! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: American Crafts Happy Go Lucky
Stamps: Beach Kitten by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon, button, baker's twine, Glossy Accents,  Crystal Stickles, Tiny Twinkles
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spots and Dots embossing folder, sewing machine

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)