Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Challenge #65

Hi there! If you've been visiting my blog for awhile, then I think it's no secret that I *love* sweets! Not only do I love sweets, but I especially love anything with cupcakes on it, so I was super excited about this week's from Meljen's Designs! Check out that patriotic cupcake! How fun is that? I wanted to use that one, but I've already made several patriotic cards here lately, so I thought I would use Sweetheart Cupcake.


The challenge for this week is to use the provided sketch.  I loved the diagonal panels...such a fun sketch to work with! I colored up "Sweetheart Cupcake" with Copic markers and added lots of Stickles and Twinkles to the cupcake. I love sparkle! These papers, Cupcake Love by Little Yellow Bicycle, were so perfect for this image! They are extra sparkly papers with lots of cupcakes and candies on them!

I cut the image out with Classic Square Nestabilities and layered it on a panel I cut out with Scallop Square Nestabilities. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment on the yellow cardstock and cut it out with Ribbon Tag Trio Nestabilities. I added some green and white striped ribbon to finish my card off.

I just love how blingy this card is!



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure and hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the sketch and all of the lovely design team inspiration!

Supplies:
Cardstock:
Patterned Paper: Cupcake Love collection by Little Yellow BicycleStamps: Sweetheart Cupcake by Meljen's Designs, sentiment from Birthday Basics by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), ribbon, Diamond Stickles
Tools: Ribbon Tag Trio Nestabilities, Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the colors you used. So festive!


    ~Cheryl~
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)