Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Red, White, & Blue Challenge

Hi there, y'all! It's time for this week's challenge at Meljen's Designs! This week's digi release focuses on patriotic images - perfect for upcoming 4th of July cards! The challenge this week is to make a red, white, and blue card.

I used the new "American Eagle" digi on my card, and I tell y'all...I really struggled coloring that eagle. It's such a pretty bird, and I just felt like I was going to mess it up since my Copic skills are seriously lacking, but I guess it turned out alright.

I've been in a "krafty" mood lately, so I used Kraft for the background and embossed it with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I did this again for the vertical panel. The patterned paper is from the We R Memory Keepers Old Glory collection...one of my absolute favorite patriotic lines. I just love the softer tones of the red, white, and blue colors.

I finished it off my adding some clear Twinkles to the image and some red Twinkles around the corners of the card. I also got a little inspiration from Jessie Knight Rone and added a ribbon on a spiral clip. Sometimes I want to add ribbons to my card and don't really feel like I can find a place for it...well, Jessie is just genius the way she puts ribbons on the spiral clips. I think that's her signature touch, and it always looks so fabulous. I had a bunch of these in my embellie drawer, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Now, that's all for me today, but be sure you hop on over to the Meljen's Designs blog to check out the new digis and grab the challenge details! Y'all have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism, white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers Old Glory collection
Stamps: American Eagle by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: spiral clip (The Paper Studio), Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), ribbon (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love the design and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)