Saturday, June 4, 2011

SFYTT/TSG Color Challenge - Love Bird

Hey y'all! One of my goals this summer is to make more cards and play in more challenges. I love doing challenges, but I usually don't get them done on time. Tonight I was able to complete two challenges with one card!

This card is for the June Sketch for You to Try and also for the There She Goes Color Challenge - red, teal, and ivory.

I used the October Afternoon Thrift Shop line for the papers...an older line but still one of my favorites. The colors of these papers were perfect for the color challenge. I stamped the little birdie from Love Birds by There She Goes in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it in with Copic markers. I decided to add some dimension to this card by cutting out the bird and the hearts and popping them up with foam tape - even though it's hard to tell it in the photo. Oh, and let me just say, it was quite a challenge to get a tiny bit of foam tape under that smallest heart! That was an act of love! LOL!

I layered my image on Kraft and black Nestie cutouts, and I embossed the Kraft background with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. I've been wanting to try the ruffled ribbon technique, and so I decided to give it a try. I didn't really have a clue what I was doing, but I just started adhering it in a messy way. I guess it turned out alright! :) A few red Twinkles, some Crystal Stickles, and black brads finish this card off.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: black, kraft (Papertrey Ink), Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop 
Stamps: Love Birds by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: black brads (The Paper Studio), red twinkles (Taylored Expressions), ribbon (Papertrey Ink), foam tape, Crystal Stickles
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I'm so excited to have found your blogspot! You are extremely talented and I have really enjoyed looking at your projects. I, too, am a teacher (First Grade) and live about 20 miles from where you were married. East TN is absolutely beautiful..I never, EVER tire of the mountains and all the beauty God has given to us! Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to future projects you create! Have a great start to your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)