Thursday, June 23, 2011

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop

Hi there! I'm excited to be a part of today's Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop! The theme is red, white, and blue, so with the 4th of July holiday quickly approaching, I decided to make a patriotic card. Sankari Wegman provided a sketch to use for the hop, and I started out following it, but my card didn't really end up that way. Does that ever happen to you. I bet it does! :)

I used the God Bless the USA single stamp that was released last year, and I even had a few remnants left from the patriotic-themed kit that Taylor released last year, so I pulled those out for my card as well.

I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black and highlighted the fireworks with Copic markers. I added Crystal Stickles to the fireworks and Red Stickles to the "USA" letters.

I embossed the Kraft background with the Polka Dots embossing folder - my favorite one! - and did lots of zig-zag stitching. I finished the card off by added a few little star embellishments, some ric-rac, and a red bow.

Now, hop on over to Geeta Suggs' blog! She's your next stop! Have fun, and thanks for stopping by! :)






Supplies:
Cardstock: blue, Kraft (Bazzill), Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers Old Glory collection
Stamps: God Bless the USA by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Crystal Stickles, Red Stickles, stars, ribbon
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine

15 comments:

  1. Hi Candace!! This card is sooooo cute! Love the embossing and your sparklers are so festive! Fun card!
    (miss seeing you at CPC! [hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card...I love the polka dots and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty....love the texture and sewing in the background and the patriotic stamp you used is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Candace! The colors and papers are fabulous...love the embossed Kraft panel! PERFECTLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love this card creation! It just screams patriotism, and my husband is a Vietnam veteran so I am always on the lookout for card inspiration. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this!!! Love all the texture & fabulous layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful! Love that you paired this with kraft and all the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candace - this is a fabulous card - LOVE the sparkle and the simplicity!!!
    Love!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. My card didn't quite end up like the sketch either! LOVE the end result of this though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely design! love the papers and stitching on this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ADORE how clean and put together your card is! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really fabulous! Love your card...and your blog is wonderful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crystal Stickles to the fireworks are very pretty. I'm saving this one;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)