Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thanks for your Generosity!

I have a very clean and simple card for you today! I just mentioned in my post the other day about how I struggle with these, but I decided I'd try it. I actually really like how this turned out! I think the embossing added a little something to it so that it's not SO simple. LOL! :)

My brother recently got a scholarship at his high school senior awards night, and I made him a thank you card to send to the scholarship donor. Since it was coming from a young man (and since I was pressed for time), I thought simple would be good. Aaron wouldn't want to send a blingy, pink, frilly card.


I started by stamping the sentiment onto the Kraft cardstock. Then I embossed it with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I cut out the black scalloped piece with the Jumbo Scallop Die by My Favorite Things and embossed it with the Textile Texture embossing folder, but it's hard to see the embossing in the photo. I added a white ribbon and accented my sentiment with some black Twinkles.

Easy peasy! I think I could get used to this. Maybe I don't struggle so bad with these cards after all! :)

Thanks so much for checking out my card! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: kraft, black (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
Stamps: Signature Greetings by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions) ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Textile Texture embossing folder, Polka Dots embossing folder, MFT Jumbo Scallop die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)