Monday, June 6, 2011

Thinking of You

Hey y'all! As I type up my blog post, I'm listening to the raindrops falling and the thunder rolling in the background. That's awesome because we have really been needing some rain here! I got so excited that I put my hanging baskets and potted plants out in the yard so they could soak it all up! :)

Today's card is a simple one for a young soldier who was wounded overseas. It's always hard for me to make masculine cards....you know I'm just aching to stick a big bow on here!  I used Stitched Swirls Heart - a recent release from Meljen's Designs. These papers, some of my favorites, are from the Old Glory collection by We R Memory Keepers.

I set out to follow this week's Sweet Stop Sketch - SSS111, but I wound up flipping the layout around. I kept all of the elements the same....just put them in different places! Do you ever do that? I cut out my image with Classic Circle Nestabilities and colored it with Copic markers. I actually printed my image three times so that I could do some layering. I should've taken a sideview photo so you could see all the dimension this card has! I cut out the ribbon and popped it up with foam tape and then did the same thing with the star. This is something I've started doing lately, and I really love that extra "pop" that it gives to a card.

I embossed the red strip with the Polka Dots embossing folder. For the cream strip, I just typed "thinking of you" on the computer and printed that out. Then, I punched it with my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. I added a blue ribbon and some red Twinkles to finish it off.

Well, that's it for me today! I have a to-do list a foot long of things that I need to get done, so I better get to it. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Prism, Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Old Glory by We R Memory Keepers
Stamps: Stitched Swirls Heart by Meljen's Designs, sentiment (computer-generated)
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Twinkles, Yellow Stickles, ribbon, foam tape
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scalloped Circles Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect Candace! Love that patterned paper. Thanks for playing the sweet stop sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Candance! It is a wonderful get well/thinking of you card. I love the patriotic theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)