Friday, June 10, 2011

TSG/Mojo Monday/SSCC - Congratulations!

Hey y'all! I am so happy to share this card with you today because let me tell ya...I spent a long time making this one card! I love how it turned out, though!

I used this week's Mojo Monday 194 sketch. I haven't played with their sketches in a long time, but I've seen a few people using that sketch, and I thought it looked like a fun one. I was right...wow, this was a great sketch to work with!! I just love all the different panels. I kept almost everything the same, except I chose not to put the "ribbon tails" under the image.

This card is also for this week's There She Goes challenge to make a card for an important milestone in life. I decided to make a baby card because it's always good to have baby cards on hand.

I used October Afternoon Ducks in a Row for the paper...one of my favorites for baby cards! I embossed the pink background with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and embossed the pink panel underneath the ribbon with the Textile Texure embossing folder. I did LOTS of zig-zig stitching to give those strips of paper a "quilted" look.

I stamped my image on patterned paper and cut it out and then used lots of Nesties circles to layer up my image panel. I popped them all up with foam tape. I added the white scallop border, which was cut with the MFT Jumbo Scallop die. I stamped my sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black at the bottom and accented it with some Tiny Twinkles.

Now, my last embellishment was a bit of something new for me, so I'm also entering this card into this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - to use a new product or try something new. I've always been inspired by Nina Brackett's use of those pretty rose flowers on her card, and so I wanted to channel a bit of Nina into my card. Sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a "rut" with my cards...doing the same thing over and over, and it was really nice to add those pearls and a pretty rose to my card. I've never used strands of pearls on a card before, either. I'm really happy I tried something new! :)

On a personal note, as I write this, I'm trying to convince my new kitten that I'm not the big, bad monster. Andrew and I have been wanting to get a little kitten, and we got one today. She is so sweet but terrified of her new environment! This is my first indoor kitty, so I think it's a bit of an adjustment for the both of us. :) Meet our new furbaby, Sugar! She is just six weeks old. Any tips y'all have about raising kitties would be greatly appreciated!



Well, that's it for me tonight! Thanks sooo much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Ducks in a Row
Stamps: Bit of Stardust by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, pink rose, ribbon (Papertrey Ink), pearls (Hobby Lobby stores), foam tape
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Textile Texture embossing folder, sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)