Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Best Thing Since Sprinkles

Hey y'all!! I had a quiet Saturday morning to myself, so I decided to make a card. I've been wanting to play in this week's There She Goes challenge - to use three dies or punches on your card, and I finally got a chance.

I paired this adorable little girl from the Freeze the Moment set from There She Goes with this equally adorable paper from the My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky collection.


I colored the little girl with Copic markers and paper-pieced her dress with some of the patterned papers. I even cut out the tiny little pieces for her collar and the bow. Wow, that took patience! I added some Cotton Candy Stickles to her ice cream cone...my version of sprinkles. :) I cut out my image with Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, and accented it with some Twinkles.

After adhering all the papers, I added a ribbon and some twine. I also used the button dienamics from My Favorite Things - one I've had for awhile and never used! What a shame. Then, I stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper.

My three dies that I used to qualify this card for the TSG challenge are: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scalloped Eyelet Border die by Taylored Expressions, and the Dienamics Button Quartet by My Favorite Things.

Oh, and my card layout is this week's Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS115. I'm also entering this card in this week's Cupcake Crafts Challenge - to make a card that is cooking related.


On a side note, this card didn't start out like this. In fact , it was a complete domino-effect disaster. Everything I did to it just went wrong! I kept cutting things crooked, smudging ink all over the paper, adhering everything crooked, running out of ribbon, sticking my finger in the Stickles and getting it all over the image panel, etc...Do you ever have one of those days? I had to redo a lot of stuff and wound up wasting some of that super-cute paper! I'm really happy with the way it turned out, but it got to a point where I just had to walk away for awhile! I'm sure every crafter goes through that, but wow, it can be frustrating!

Anyway, I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday weekend. Happy 4th of July! May God bless you, and may God bless our military!

As always, thanks for stopping by!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: white (Georgia Pacific), Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky
Stamps: Freeze the Moment by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon, twine, (Papertrey Ink), Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Cotton Candy Stickles
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scalloped Eyelet Border die (Taylored Expressions) Dienamics Button Quartet (My Favorite Things)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Candace, this card is just darling! I love that paper-pieced dress. I sure miss you over at CPC. Things for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh her little dress is just SO cute! I have days like that too, where nothing goes right! But you persisted and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card Candace. That image is so sweet and I love the FUN papers. The paper-pieced dress looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)