Sunday, July 3, 2011

Christmas Card #1 - Reindeer Joy

Hi there! I am so excited to be able to share with you now that I am on the Christmas Card Challenges design team!!

I'm excited about this for several reasons - first, I just love Christmas. The whole spirit of Christmas makes it my favorite time of year. Second, I am one of those people that waits to the last minute to do everything, and now I can make one Christmas card a week and have them all ready at Christmas-time! You can do that too by playing along in the challenges each week.

This week's theme is: Twas the Night Before Christmas. However, you do not need to use the theme to play along. You can make any Christmas card. I chose to use the pretty reindeer from the Sparkle and Cheer stamp set by Taylored Expressions, because it makes me think of this part of the poem -

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St Nick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

I paired my stamped image with papers from the Tinsel and Twig collection by The Girl's Paperie. I love the classic colors. :)


I stamped the reindeer in Memento Bamboo Leaves and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Classic Circles Nestabilities. The scallops were cut out with the Jumbo Scallop Die by My Favorite Things. I finished my card off by adding a bow with a Christmas tree stick pin and accenting the sentiment with some red pearls.

Be sure and check out the design team inspiration at the Christmas Card Challenges blog! Thanks for stopping by !! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: Tinsel and Twig by The Girl's Paperie
Stamps: Sparkle and Cheer by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: stick pin, ribbon, pearls (Kaisercraft)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, MFT Jumbo Scallop Die

4 comments:

  1. I love the card Candace!! Check out my blog because I have nominated you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...love the reindeer image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the layers! VERY cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)