Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christmas Card #2 - Armful of Wishes

Hi there! It's time for Christmas Card Challenge #32! This week's challenge is to do paper-piecing on your card.

Since I went more traditional last week, I decided to go with these FUN not-so-traditional papers from the Everybody Loves Christmas collection by Echo Park. Have I mentioned lately how much I just *love* Echo Park?  ;)

This cute little girl is from the Wrapped in Joy set by There She Goes. This is such a fun set to use because it can be customized for either Christmas or birthdays...gotta love that versatility! I paper-pieced her dress and then colored the rest of her with Copic markers. I cut her out with Rectangle Nestabilities.

The green border is actually a sticker strip that came with the patterned paper kit. I love how it looks like a punched border! I stamped the sentiment - "A great big armful of Christmas wishes is being sent your way" in Memento Tuxedo Black and accented it with some red twinkles. I finished my card off with a ribbon and a Heidi Swapp clear snowflake. Love those, too. :)

Now, be sure to hop over to the Christmas Card Challenge blog to see all the design team inspiration! We hope you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: Everybody Loves Christmas by Echo Park
Stamps: Wrapped in Joy by There She Goes clear stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Heidi Swapp snowflake, red ribbon (Papertrey Ink), red Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities

5 comments:

  1. great card Candace! I love the non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute.. I need that paper stack! I am really loving Echo Park myself..so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! You do such a great job coloring all your images!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)