Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas Card #4 - Christmas Cupcake

Hellooo! Happy Sunday! It's time for this week's Christmas Card Challenge, and the challenge this week is to use plaid on your card. I used a strip of plaid patterned paper from the BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses line. I just love that line and it's non-traditional colors. I guess you don't see too many Christmas cards that are pink and green instead of red and green, but I like to be different every now and then!

I think we all know by now that I just *love* cupcakes, so I especially loved using this adorable Christmas Cupcake digi by Meljen's Designs for my card! I colored it up to match my plaid paper and made it extra sparkly with Twinkles and Stickles.

I embossed my pink background with the Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I added a Papertrey Ink ribbon with some twine, a clear snowflake, and a button to finish off my card. 

I wasn't crazy about this card at first. In fact, I thought it was rather ugly! I guess I'm just a red/green girl, but it's growing on me! Love that cupcake! :)

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team inspiration on the Christmas Card Challenges blog.

There's not much going on here today - just church, relaxing, and getting ready for school to start back soon! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses 
Stamps: Christmas Cupcake by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink), snowflake (Heidi Swapp), button, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Diamond Stickles, Ruby Red Liquid Pearls
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Square Nestabilities, Snowflakes embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that cute cupcake and the pink embossed layer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the non-traditional look! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace - this is really pretty - the embossed background with the red ribbon is striking!
    love it
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty... man I have to make Christmas cards already?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)