Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas Card #5 - Penguin Santa

Good morning! Happy Sunday to you! This week's Christmas Card Challenge is a sketch challenge. My fellow design team member, Peggy, provided this great sketch.


I've had the sweet Penguin Pals set from There She Goes for awhile and hadn't yet inked up this little cutie, so I decided to use him for my card today. I colored him up with Copic markers and cut him out with Classic Circle Nestabilities. I added Liquid Applique to the Santa hat and along the bottom for snow, and before I heated it, I dusted it with Crystal Fine glitter. You can't really tell it in the photo, though. I added the Twinkles to represent snowflakes.

I used my favorite Christmas paper - Everybody Loves Christmas by Echo Park, and I embossed the background with the Snowflakes folder. I added some red Papretrey Ink ribbon and tied a twine bow on my white button. I finished it off with the white brads. 

Be sure to hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the inspiration from the design team!  

I hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday! It's my last Sunday of freedom. I go back to work Tuesday, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to enjoy church this morning and then later today hit up some of the good sales at Walgreen's today. :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Everybody Loves Christmas
Stamps: Penguin Pals by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), twine (Papertrey Ink), button, white brads, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Liquid Applique, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter 
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Snowflakes embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Love this Candace - so adorable and I love the stripey paper with it!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)