Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God is my Refuge

Hi there! I hope y'all had a very Happy 4th of July! Let me tell you what I did. I made cards all day. Now I just need to get motivated to get them all on my blog. At least I have a good week's worth of blog material now!

It's been too long since I made a card featuring God's word, and I really want to start making more scripture cards. I used the Our Refuge set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps - my favorite place to go to for scripture stamps. I also used this week's Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS115, except I made an A2-sized card instead of a square card. I made a square card with the sketch the other day, so I wanted to do something a little different. I also swapped the image panel to the other side of the card.

I stamped the scripture in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Classic Rectangle Nestabilities. These beautiful papers are from the Lush collection by My Mind's Eye. I embosed the cream background with the Textile Texture embossing folder, and the border was punched with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch. I added a ribbon and accented the bow with a brad from the Lush collection, and I adhered a few punched butterflies to finish my card off.

This one is up in my Etsy shop if you'd like to have it!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Choice Buttercream
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lush collection
Stamps: Our Refuge by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich cocoa
Embellishments: My Mind's Eye Lush decorative brads, ribbon
Tools: Cuttlebug, Textile and Textile Texture embossing folder, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! LOVE those rich papers and what a fabulous embellishment on that bow! The sentiment is wonderful! TFS!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Candace. Just love that patterned paper and the beautiful bow. Terrific work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Candace. The paper and the verse are just beautiful. The butterlies are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)