Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{ippity} My True Joy

Hi there! I have another exciting announcement today! I have been asked to be on the I Heart {ippity} Design Team! In case you don't know what {ippity} is, it's a line of stamps put out by Unity Stamp Company that you can only get from an authorized {ippity} seller. Heather Flaherty is one of those sellers, and the rest of the design team and I will be showing you samples each week of what you can do with these fabulous stamps that you can buy from Heather. You can visit the I Heart {ippity} page to see all of the stamp sets and get information on ordering.

For my first {ippity} card, I decided to use the "My True Joy" set. I stepped outside my box/comfort zone/whateva you wanna call it and went really clean and simple. In fact, I followed an older sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping. I wanted the focus of my card to be on the flower. I typically don't buy flower images because I'm scared to color them. I'm always afraid they won't look right because I have no earthly clue how to use a Copic marker properly. So....I decided to conquer my fear, and I really like how my card turned out! I actually colored two flowers, cut one out and popped it up with some foam top on top of the other one. I added a few black Twinkles to the center.


I stamped the sentiment on the white cardstock and then embossed it with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I added a strip of patterned paper by Making Memories and rounded the edges with the We R Memory Keepers corner chomper. I layered the flower on some circles cut out with Classic Circle Nestabilties and called it done! Easy peasy! I think I'm getting better at my clean and simple cards. Y'all know I usually struggle with those!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Stamps: My True Joy by {ippity}
Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)