Sunday, July 10, 2011

Make a Splash!

Hi there, y'all! I hope you had a good weekend! I know I sure did. I've been living in my pajamas and bummy clothes all summer, but the reality is that school starts in just a few weeks! You know what that means right? New clothes! Andrew and I went and did some shopping, and I lucked up because a few of my favorite stores were having major sales, and everything I got was 50 percent off or more! I got lots of great deals! Then, we went to Michael's, and can you believe that I didn't buy a single thing?
Well, I didn't. I had two coupons, too. I must have been ill.  :)

Anyway, after church today I did some stamping and made this sweet little card. I just love this Make a Splash set from There She Goes! These are my first-ever mermaid stamps. I used my June Taylored Expressions kit for the papers and ribbon. I'm still lovin' the BasicGrey Hello Luscious papers!

I colored this cutie up with Copic markers and cut her out with Rectangle Nestabilities. I added LOTS of sparkle with Twinkles, Stickles, and my clear Spica glitter pen. She's super sparkly up close! I embossed the background with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder because I thought the swirls looked kinda sorta like waves. Okay, maybe not really, but it was the closest thing I had! :) I finished it off with a bow.

I'm entering this card in three challenges:
Sweet Stop Sketch #115 - I used the sketch but flipped it upside down to work with my image.
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #97 - what works for you - I almost always do embossing on my cards. It works for me!
There She Goes Challenge #114 - Glitter, Glitz, and Bling - I'm getting it in just in time with 58 minutes to spare! ;)

That's it! See ya next time! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Sweet Threads
Stamps: Make a Splash by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Lime Green Stickles
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, D'Vine Swirls embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Love the shimmer and embossing. I am so happy you joined us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Cute, Cute! Love your darling image and lovely embossing. Such pretty and cheerful DP's too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Candace. Love the cute mermaid image and the fun summer colors... great take on the Sweet Stop sketch. Thank you for playing along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace this is adorable! I love her little happy face and that tale looks amazing!! Beautiful papers too!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)