Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mejlen's Designs - Knitting Mouse

Hi everyone! Good morning to you! Today there is a new release and challenge over at Meljen's Designs. Let me show you these super-duper cute new digis. Love!! I love anything that has to do with sewing stuff even though I don't sew, except on my cards. My grandmother, on the other hand, is a very talented seamstress. I think that gene missed me. This week's challenge is "Frame It." That means use a Nestabilitie shape or something similar to "frame" your image. Now don't you go and do like I did. I made my card, photographed it and everything, and then realized I didn't include the "frame" part, so I had to fix it by adding the circle background. I hope that counts!


I used Knitting Mouse on my card. That little cutie was just calling out to me! I colored him with Copic markers and cut him out with Circle Nestabilities. All of the papers are from the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Mabel collection - a paper pad I've had for who knows how long and just opened last night! The scallops were cut with the MFT Jumbo Scallop border die. I stamped the sentiment from Crafty Expressions by Taylored Expressions and accented it with a few pearls. I stitched around all of the edges and added a ribbon, crocheted flower, button, and twine to finish it off.


That's it for me today. Be sure to hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the Design Team! As for me, I'm off to my classroom today to do some more work to get ready for the new school year. Have a great day!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Mabel
Stamps: Knitting Mouse by Meljen's Designs, Crafty Expressions by Taylored Expressions 
Ink: Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon and twine (Papertrey Ink), pearls (iwant2scrap), crocheted flower, button, foam tape
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities, MFT Jumbo Scallop border die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)