Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Sympathies

Hi there! It's Thursday, so that means it's time for a new release and a new challenge at Meljen's Designs! Here's a peek at today's new release.


Sweet digis, huh? This week's challenge is to use buttons and bows on your card, and that was definitely no problem for me since I tend to always do that. :)

I chose to use Sympathy Flowers for my card today because like birthday cards, it's always good to have a few sympathy cards on hand. They're certainly not fun to make, but what better way to send our heartfelt condolences than with a handmade card? This simple little digi from Melissa is perfect for that. It was a breeze to color, and I just added some pearls to the image to give a little elegance to it.

The patterned paper is from the Crate Paper Restoration line, and I used Split Coast Stampers Card Sketch Challenge #340 once again. I did some stitching around the edges. I added two bows - one made with shabby seam binding and one with regular ribbon and then a button that was tied with a twine bow.

You could make up quite a few of these simple cards to have on hand for those tough times. In fact, I should do that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure you pop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the challenge details and the inspiration from the design team. 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Restoration
Stamps: Meljen's Designs Sympathy Flowers
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: seam binding (Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy), ribbon, button, twine (Papertrey Ink), pearls
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Oval Nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the papers and crinkled ribbons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)