Thursday, July 14, 2011

There She Goes Fabric Challenge

Hi there! I have a card to share today for this week's There She Goes Challenge #115 - use fabric on your card.

I decided to keep my card super simple and let the focus be on the fabric. I used some pink satin fabric and cut out three different sized circles with my Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. I cut two of each circle. Then, I used a lighter to slightly burn the edges to make them curl up. I stacked the circles together and glued them with hot glue. I added a pearl, some black tulle, and a few feathers to embellish my flower. If you attempt this flower technique, here's a few tips - use a long lighter to keep your fingers away from the flame, hold your fabric with tweezers (for the same reason), and have a glass of water nearby (just in case!). Oh, and I've made these before with the regular circles, and they work just fine. I just wanted to try it with the scallops.

I've seen lots of these flowers on Etsy lately, mostly in hair accessories. I have some black satin, and I'm thinking I might make me one and stick it on a clip to wear in my hair. :)

Anyway, back to my card. I embossed the white background with the Polka Dots embossing folder, and cut the black strip with the MFT Jumbo Scallop Die. I embossed it with the Perefectly Paisley folder, even though it doesn't show in the photo, and I rounded the corners. I stamped "happy birthday" from the Make a Wish set by There She Goes, and that's it! It took me longer to make the flower than it did to assemble the card. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink 
Stamps: Make a Wish by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: pink satin fabric, black tulle, feathers, black pearl
Tools: Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Perfectly Paisley embossing folder, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper, My Favorite Things Jumbo Scallop Die, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)