Sunday, August 7, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #36

Good morning! It's time for Christmas Card Challenge #36! This week's challenge is "recyle." Remember that the challenges aren't required to participate, though. Oh, and because it's the first Sunday in the month, this week's challenge is sponsored by Sparkle Creation Rubber Stamps. One participant will be a lucky winner! :)

For the "recyle" part of my card, I decided to use aluminum foil. I took a piece of foil and embossed it in my Cuttlebug with the Snowflakes embossing folder. This is a really fun technique to do, but you just have to be careful that you don't tear it. I love this effect, though! Because I used aluminum foil, I am also entering this card in the Sew Many Challenges #63 - to use foil on your card.

I stamped the dove and sentiment, both from the Sparkle and Cheer set by Taylored Expressions, in Memento Lady Bug and Memento Bamboo Leaves. I cut out the image panel with Classic Circle Nestabilities and layered it on the cardstock cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

I embossed the green background with the Polka Dots embossing folder, and the patterned paper is from the Tinsel and Twig Collection by The Girl's Paperie. I finished it off with a couple pearls in opposite corners, and a ribbon, button, and twine.

Be sure to hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created for you.

I plan on doing a little more stamping this afternoon after church. I had a busy week at work last week preparing for school to start tomorrow. We're ready for the students! I'm so excited! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Tinsel and Twig by The Girl's Paperie
Stamps: Sparkle and Cheer by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento - Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves
Embellishments: pearls (want2scrap), ribbon, button, twine
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder, Snowflakes embossing folder
Other: aluminum foil

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Candace, just love your work. Would love you to pop around and visit me sometime. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the foil! Your card turned out really nice. I'll have to try the embossed foil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card. You should enter it into Sew Many's foil challenge. http://sewmanychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)