Sunday, August 14, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #37

Hi there! Happy Sunday! I've been winding down this weekend after a very busy first week at school. I cleaned up my craft room and made a few cards and other than that, I did as little as possible!

It's time for a new challenge at Christmas Card Challenges, and this week's challenge is Christmas Cheer (drinks, etc.), so I decided to make a card with this cute C.C. Designs Cocoa Emma image that I've had forever and never used. I think she turned out so cute on this card!

I embossed the blue background with the Polka Dots embossing folder and rounded all of my corners. The patterned paper is from the BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses collection. You probably didn't notice, but now you will since I'm going to point it out, but after I photographed my card, I realized I adhered the Christmas three paper UPSIDE DOWN. Geez. I'm praying the recipient of this card won't notice. I thought it was too cute to toss in the trash, and there wasn't really a way to fix it. It's just one of those "oops" moments. :)

I colored Cocoa Emma with Copic markers and used Liquid Applique dusted with Crystal Fine glitter on the furry trim of her clothes and boots. I went around the edges of the image with Liquid Pearls. That's a technique that I love but am still trying to get right. My dots are still uneven, but it's much better than my last attempt!

I stamped a sentiment tag and then added three silver brads and ribbon, twine, a snowflake, and a button to finish my card off.

Hopefully I can get a few more cards made this afternoon. Be sure to pop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the beautiful inspiration from the design team!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill 
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: C.C. Designs, Sparkle and Cheer by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: silver brads (The Paper Studio) ribbon (Papertrey Ink), twine (Papertrey Ink), snowflake (Heidi Swapp), button, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Liquid Applique, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter, foam tape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I love the image, and the embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)