Sunday, August 21, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #38

Good morning! Happy Sunday! This week's Christmas Card Challenge #38 is to use glitter on our card.

I haven't made a Christmas card with a snowman on it in a long time, so I decided to use this adorable image, Caroling Snowmen, by Meljen's Designs. I colored it with Copic markers and added LOTS of glitter to it. My glittery cards never photograph well. :( I promise, it's there! I added lots of glitter with my Clear Spica Glitter pen and then I used the Liquid Applique along the brim of their hats. I dusted it with Crystal Fine glitter before heating it to make it puffy. I also added lots of Stickles and Tiny Twinkles.

I layered my image on a scallop square. The patterned paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly line, and I stitched around the edges.

I added a super shabby bow with a button and some twine.

That's it for me today, but be sure you head over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the design team samples. I hope you have a great day!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Bazzill), Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly
Stamps: Caroloing Snowmen by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Clear Spica glitter pen, Yellow Stickles, Diamond Stickles, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), Liquid Applique, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter, seam binding (Prairie Bird Boutique), twine (Papertrey Ink), button, foam tape
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities, sewing machine

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)