Sunday, August 28, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #39

Good morning! Happy Sunday to you! I must say that while it's been beautiful weather here, I've been much in prayer for my East Coast friends as they are enduring Hurricane Irene. I don't wish hurricanes on anyone!

Today's Christmas Card Challenge #39 is to incorporate a photo into your Christmas card. I'm really bad about taking a lot of pictures and never printing them, so the only recent prints I had were of our wedding. I decided that would be appropriate since it was a big event that happened this year. However, it's not a very Christmasy looking photo, so I decided to pair it with the BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses patterned papers, since those have shades of pink in them.

I embossed the Kraft background with the Snowflakes embossing folder and stamped "Merry Kissmas" from the Kissmas and Mistletoe set by Ippity directly on the Kraft. My picture is matted on a scalloped rectangle, and I finished my card off with a ribbon and a pink button. Simple!

Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the design team's creations! We'd love to have you join us this week. Remember, the challenge is optional.

On another note, last night I went to one of thos events where you get to paint the canvas. It was so much fun! At first I was kinda aggravated because I kept messing up, but then as I started getting towards the end, I really loved how it turned out. Also, if you stand about five feet away from it, you can't even see my mistakes. *grin* It's hot pink, but it looks more red in this photo. I have it hanging in my craft room!


That's it for me! Have a great Sunday! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: Kissmas and Mistletoe by Ippity
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, twine, foam tape
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Snowflakes embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. I think your card is gorgeous! Love the photo. The canvas is very nicely done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh the BG Eskimo Kisses is perfect for that card! Love it! And your canvas is faublous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Great job on the canvas, I have always wanted to try it!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)