Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hellooo!! This is a card I made last weekend, and I'm just now getting around to posting it on my blog. I actually made it with last week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, but didn't get it posted in time to share for that.

I don't know about y'all, but I can never have enough birthday cards in my stash.They're the kind of thing that you just need to have on hand all the time, and I never do! I have St. Patrick's Day cards, though! Go figure. ha! :)

I stamped this super cute Moka Taylor onto Choice Buttercream and colored her with Copic markers. I paper-pieced her dress with patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue collection. I actually picked up this paper pad at my local Hobby Lobby. I was so excited to see they were carrying some of the MME 6x6 pads because now I can get them 50% off when Hobby Lobby puts their paper on sale!! :)

I sponged around the edge of the image panel and all of the card edges with Memento Desert Sand ink. I matted my image panel on a scalloped Kraft rectangle. The scalloped cream border was cut out with the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die by Taylored Expressions. I finished this card off with three pearls at the bottom. I cannot believe there is no ribbon at all on this card! I just couldn't find a place to put it. It looks naked to me. Ha!

Thanks for stopping by today!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue
Stamps: Moka Taylor (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Desert Sand
Embellishments: pearls (want2scrap) 
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Scalloped Eyelet Border Die (Taylored Expressions)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)