Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{Ippity} Books a Flutter

Hi everyone! As you know, every Wednesday, I get to share an Ippity creation with you! Be sure you check out all of the inspiration on the I Heart{ippity} blog!

I'm using a new-to-me set today - Books a Flutter. I *love* to read. In fact, I've been reading all summer long. I've almost ready everything written by Colleen Coble (just over the summer)! She is such a good writer. Also, I'm an English teacher, so I try to instill an appreciation for literature in my students.

Anyway, I decided to do something a little different with this card. I stamped the image on Kraft cardstock and colored it with my Copic markers. I love how the image turned out, so this is definitely a technique that I'll try again someday. I accented the image edges with White Opal Liquid Pearls. The black border was punched with the EK Success Deco Scallop border punch. I also stamped the sentiment on Kraft, and I finished off my card with a bow, button, and some red twine. I also added two black pearls to the top left corner.

Speaking of twine, I've been wanting that sampler from The Twinery for awhile, but I just couldn't see paying that much for some twine. I'm cheap, so I found a great sampler of twine on eBay for less than $10 - lots of colors and good quality, too! :)

That's it for me today. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, and I hope you enjoyed seeing my card! Again, remember to check out the inspiration at the I Heart {ippity} blog. Have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, black (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: For the Record by Echo Park 
Stamps: Books a Flutter by Ippity 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls, red twine, black ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, black pearls (want2scrap), foam tape
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Deco Scallop border punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)